Chevening Scholarship are part of a prestigious UK Government postgraduate funding scheme specifically for international students in the UK.
It offers an annual scholarship competition for Masters programm, designed to develop international leadership and expertise. Many Chevening alumni have gone on to become highly successful figures in business, industry and politics.
This page will give you an introduction to the Scholarship program, with information on eligible countries, the application process and more.
The Scholarship enable outstanding emerging leaders from all over the world to pursue one-year master’s degrees in the UK. Whilst there is no ‘typical’ Chevening Scholar, they are looking for the kind of people who have the passion, ideas, and influence to provide the solutions and leadership needed to create a better future.
Because these scholarships are fully-funded (flights, accommodation, and course fees are all included), you are free to focus on achieving your professional goals and maximising the experience of a lifetime. You will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK. On completing your studies, you will leave the UK equipped with the knowledge and networks necessary to bring your own ideas to life.
Details of Chevening scholarship:
- Level: undergraduate and masters
- Deadline: November 1,2022.
- Funding: £18,000
- Eligible nationalities: all international students
- Type of study: full time study
- Country: United kingdom
- Host Organisation: Chevening award are awarded by the foreign and commonwealth office (FCO) and partner organisation.
- Field of study: various field of study
Eligibility of Chevening scholarship:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: The scholarships are targeted to citizens of Chevening-eligible countries. See the official website for complete list of countries eligible for Chevening scholarships.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 14 July 2022.
Benefits of the scholarship:
- University tuition fees.
- A monthly stipend.
- Travel costs to and from the UK.
- An arrival allowance.
- A homeward departure allowance.
- The cost of one visa application.
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
Read also: Queensland university scholarship
How to apply for the scholarship:
Please follow the following instructions to apply for the Scholarship:
- Choose your country from here, then choose Chevening Scholarship.
- Create an account here.
- Fill your profile with your personal information, save the data and validate your profile, then start your application.
- Complete the quiz to assure your eligibility for the Scholarship.
- Fill the application with the required data and prepare the following documents:
- Completed education documents.
- English language qualification.
- Conditional offers for proposed courses of study (up to three).
- Unconditional offers for proposed courses of study (up to three) (You must upload at least one unconditional offer by 14 July 2022).
- References (If you are invited to interview you will be invited to upload two references.
- Passport / ID document.
- Submit the application.
Deadline of the scholarship: November 1,2022.