The top automobile engineering MCQ and answers in 2022. The automobile industry includes automotive engineering as a crucial element. Automotive engineers assist in the development of new vehicles and make ensuring that older vehicles are safe and functional. This article examines the Automobile Engineering MCQ and answers.
Is Studying Automobile Engineering Challenging?
Making the appropriate professional option can alter your entire life. Questions like “Should I be an automotive engineer?” are regularly raised in courses that are wholly specialized, like Automobile engineering. Is engineering for automobiles a challenging subject?
It can be very satisfying to earn a degree in automotive engineering. Knowing what you’re getting into is essential because it’s also one of the hardest jobs because to the long hours, significant workload, and attention to detail. Automobile Engineering is part of the highest paying tech jobs, you can make further findings on choosing a career in Tech. To get into some Automobile schools, you may need to take some examinations for assessment, hence, the need for you to get familiar with the top Automobile Engineering MCQ and answers.
Can I Earn a Degree in Automobile Engineering Online?
Yes! Online universities can assist you in obtaining a degree in automotive engineering by offering a sizable free online course with certificates. Online degrees in Automobile engineering are available from many of the finest colleges in the globe, you are advised to check the Top 15 Automotive Engineering Degrees Online.
What does Automobile Engineering MCQ and Answers Entail?
Multiple-choice questions (MCQs) about automobile engineering are a type of questionnaire question that gives respondents a selection of possible answers.
Since respondents are asked to choose only the correct responses from a range of options, the inquiry is sometimes referred to as an objective response question.
In educational assessment, client feedback, market research, elections, and other contexts, MCQs are frequently employed. Despite the fact that they take on many forms based on their objectives, they all share the same framework.
To prepare for interviews on Automobile engineering topics, anyone can utilize these Automobile Engineering MCQ and answers and routinely respond to them. By regularly practicing, you can quickly increase your conceptual comprehension, which will help you breeze through any technical interviews and guarantee a successful career.
Read further on the Automobile Engineering MCQ and answers.
Automobile Engineering MCQ and Answers
The top 50 Automobile Engineering MCQ and answers that are frequently asked by the leading institutions worldwide are listed below:
1. Which of the following characteristics of an aluminum alloy cylinder block makes it superior to a cylinder block made of grey cast iron?
- A. Machinability
- B. Density
- C. Thermal
- D. Expansion coefficient, thermal conductivity, and machinability
2. What, in addition to providing additional strength and supporting the camshaft bearings, is cast in the crankcase?
- A. Oil filter;
- B. Rocker arm;
- C. Rims;
- D. Manifolds
3. In two-wheelers without a deflector-type piston, what scavenging technique is used?
- A. Scavenging in reverse flow.
- B. Scavenging loops
- C. cross-scavenging
- D Uniform scavenging;
4. What is the spray cone angle of the Pintle nozzle?
A. 15° B. 60° C. 25° D. 45°
5. When is fuel fed into the CI engine?
- A. Compression stroke
- B expansion stroke,
- C. Suction stroke.
- D.) Exhaustion stroke
The compression stroke
6. The front wheels are rotating at varying angles as you approach a corner.
- A) Turning the front wheels out.
- B) The inside front wheels’ angles are bigger than the outside wheels’ angles.
- C) Everything already mentioned.
All that was said earlier
7. The exhaust valve on modern four-stroke engines only opens before;
- A prior to BDC
- B. prior to TDC,
- C. afterwards to BDC.
Prior to BDC
8. Additional names for gasoline engines include:
- A. Compression-ignition engines (C.I.)
- B. Spark-ignition engines (S.I.)
- C. Steam-powered engines
- D. None of them are correct
Spark-ignition engines (S.I.)
9. The energy produced inside an engine cylinder is known as
- A. Frictional force
- B. Braking power
- C. Specified Power
- D. None of the Above.
10. The battery stores electricity since;
- A. it is an electrochemical device.
- B. Electricity is produced by chemical reaction.
- C. Chemicals are manufactured mechanically.
D. It has curved plates rather than flat ones.
Electricity is produced via chemical reaction.
11. The compression ratio of a gasoline engine is approximately: a.) 8:1 b.) 4:1 c.) 15:1 d.) 20:1.
12. The following are the fundamental qualities of braking fluid:
- A. Low viscosity
- B. high boiling point are both desirable.
- C. Metal and rubber part compatibility
- D. All of the aforementioned
The entire list
13. The negative plates of a lead-acid battery contain;
- A. PbSO4 (lead sulphate)
- B. PbO2 (lead peroxide)
- C Lead with a spongy texture (Pb)
- D. H2SO4 (sulphuric acid)
Soft lead (Pb)
14. Gasoline that quickly ignites is referred to as:
- A. low-octane gasoline;
- B. high-octane gasoline;
- C. unleaded gasoline;
- D. Blended fuel.
15. The brake pipe for hydraulic brakes is made of? PVC, steel, rubber, or copper?
16. Which terms refer to how easily a liquid vaporizes?
- A. “Volatility,”
- B. “Octane Rating,”
- C “vapourability,”
- D. “Vaporizer”
17. What are the active components that vary when the battery discharges in both the negative and positive plates?
- A. Lead oxide,
- B. Copper sulphate
- C. lead sponge, sulfuric acid, and lead
18. From the pump to the nozzle, the pipes in diesel engines are constructed of;
- A. PVC,
- B. Rubber
- C Steel
- D. Copper.
19. Which two types of antifreeze are there?
- A. Isooctane with ethylene glycol
- B. Ethylene glycol and alcohol base
- C. Ethylene glycol and propylene glycol
- D. Base of alcohol
Ethylene glycol with alcohol base
20. Which among Grease, thickening agents, soap, and detergent is the material added to oil to help keep the engine clean.
21: Forging crankshafts normally aims to achieve the following?
- A. Minimal frictional effects
- B. Good mechanical design
- C. Good grain structure
- D. improved corrosion structure.
A sound mechanical concept
22. Half the number of poles is equal to the number of parallel lines in a lap winding of;
- A. DC generator.
- B. The amount of poles
- C. Two poles, three poles
Amount of poles
23. Which of the following make up the majority of the unsprung mass in a vehicle system;
- A. The frame assembly
- B. Gearbox, and propeller shaft
- C. The axle and the components attached to it,
- D. The engine and related components
Axle And Its Connected Components
24. Which of the following makes up a shock absorber?
- A. Valves
- B. Couplers
- C. Valve Springs,
- D. Pistons, and Valves
25. The engine, frame, power train, wheels, steering athe doors make up;
- A. the car chassis.
- B. Boot for carrying bags
- C. Windshield
- D. Braking system
26. The frame supports the engine body, the components of the power train, and..
- A. Wheel
- B. Jack
- C. Road
- D. Rod, and so forth.
27. Typically, how many frames are needed to sustain the engine;
- A. One or two frames
- B. Three frames,
- C. Four frames
- D Two or four frames.
A two or four frames
28. The purpose of the shock absorbers is to:
- A) Strengthen the frame;
- B) Dampen spring oscillations;
- C) Increase the rigidity of the spring mountings;
- D) Be sturdy.
Dampen spring oscillations
29 The spring is the product of one of the following four quantities:
- A. weight,
- B. Deflection
- C. Rate,
- D. rebound.
30. A double-acting shock absorber often has one of the following pressure characteristics:
- a.) Unequal pressure acting on either side
- b.) Equal pressure acting on either side
- c.) Pressure acting solely on one side
- d.) Minimal pressure
Unequal pressure acting on either side
31. A dynamo in a car serves as a;
- A. Reservoir for electrical energy
- B. Never stop charging the battery
- C. Transforms mechanical energy into electrical energy,
- D Partially converts engine power into electric power.
Never stop charging the battery
32. What will happen if a vehicle lacks a kingpin offset?
- A.) The initial steering effort will be significant
- B.) There will be no initial steering effort
- C.) Wheel wobbling will intensify
- D.) There will be significant braking effort
Initial steering effort will be significant.
33. A four-stroke engine needs approximately;
- A) 1 cu m
- B) 9–10 cu m
- C) 15–16 cu m
- D) 2 cu m of air to burn one litre of fuel.
9 – 10 cu-m
34. In a spark-ignition engine, the ignition of the charge takes place before;
- A. the spark occurs in the spark plug.
- B. Pre-ignition
- C.) explosion
- D.) None of the preceding
35. The time it takes the typical driver to react after spotting an impediment is;
- A. From 1 to 7 seconds
- B. 4.5 to 7.0 seconds.
- C 4.5 to 3.5 seconds.
- D. 7 to 10 seconds
1 to 7 seconds
36. When the piston in a diesel engine is pressed down, fuel is injected into the cylinder;
- A. Pumping gasoline to the injector
- B. Approaching T.D.C.
- C.) T.D.C. approach during compression stroke
- D.) Exactly after the compression stroke, at T.D.C.
T.D.C. approach during compression stroke
37. Solid impurities, such as dust and other particles, are what cause
- A. lubricating oil dilution.
- B.) Remains of solid combustion
- C.) Detrimental components
- D. Water
Lubricating oil dilution
38. Oil scraper rings work to maintain;
- A. compression
- B. lubricate the cylinder walls.
- C. Maintain vacuum.
- D. Lower vacuum
Lubricate the cylinder walls.
39. A speedometer’s drive is often produced from one of the following:
- A.) Gearbox
- B.) Dynamo
- C.) Fan belt
- D.) Front-wheel
40. The differential unit of a passenger car has a gear ratio of the kind
- A.) 3:1
- B.) 6:3
- C.) 2:5
- D.) 8:1
41. A malfunctioning valve is typically to blame for exhaust gas leaking into the cooling system.
- A. Engine’s head gasket
- B.Manifold gasket.
- C. The water pump.
- D. The radiator.
Engine’s head gasket
42. For Tata cars, the frame used to support the body and chassis modules is an;
- A. Frame of the cross-member type
- B. Center beam frame
- C. A Y-shaped tube frame,
- D. Supporting structure on its own
Frame of the cross-member type
43. Which of the following does not come under the category of hydraulic braking?
- A. A wheel cylinder
- B. A steering system
- C. Brade Shoppe
- D. Master cylinder
44. The supercharging technique is designed for;
- A. An increase in exhaust pressure
- B. Increasing air intake density
- C. supplying air to cool
- D. None of the preceding
- E. A device for analyzing smoke
Increasing air intake density
45: Diesel fuel versus diesel is;
- A.) More challenging to ignite
- B.) Easier to light
- C.). Challenging to ignite.
More challenging to ignite
46. A ring gear surrounds the engine flywheel;
- A. To establish a steady pace.
- B.) Starting the engine with a self-starter
- C.) Getting different engine speeds
- D.) Reducing noise
Starting the engine with a self-starter
47. The part of the vehicle that carries the passengers and the goods is known as the;
- A. Senan
- B. Chassis
- C. Hull
- D. Cabin
- E. Senan
48. Wax is utilized to protect a car’s body because;
- A) it repels water
- B) it closes pores.
- C) The surface sparkles
- D) Any of the aforementioned
Any of the aforementioned
49. Which of the following is used to create synthetic rubber:
- A. Coal
- B. Butadiene
- C. Mineral Oil
- D. Crude Oil?
50. How many cells are there in a 12-volt car battery?
- A.) 2
- B.) 4
- C.) 6
- D.) 8.
Depending on the administrator, The automobile engineering MCQ and answers can be given offline or online. We hope you find the automobile engineering mcq and answers in this article helpful for your preparation.