University of Pretoria Masters degree. (The master’s degree (LLM/MPhil) in Sexual & Reproductive Rights in Africa (SRRA) for the Class of 2024 is being offered by the Center for Human Rights, Faculty of Law, University of Pretoria, South Africa.
People with a variety of professional backgrounds, such as lawyers, advocates, researchers, social activists, and educators, are welcome to apply for the program. This two-year curriculum is available as a blended learning course that combines online engagement and Pretoria residential block-weeks. Every year, there will be two one-week long contact sessions (a total of four contact sessions over the course of two years).
Details of University of Pretoria masters degree
- Category: سادة
- منظمة: جامعة بريتوريا
- الدولة المراد الدراسة فيها: جنوب أفريقيا
- School to study: University of Pretoria
- دورة للدراسة: غير محدد.
- آخر موعد للتسجيل: July 31, 2023
Aim and Benefits of Masters Scholarship
Goals for the LLM/MPhil (Sexual & Reproductive Rights in Africa) include both immediate and long-term. The following objectives are secured in the short term:
- To provide the learner with information about sexual and reproductive health and rights from personal, local, and global perspectives
- Enabling the learner to conduct research on the rights and sexual and reproductive health
- Providing the learner with advocacy skills to advance sexual and reproductive health and rights
- To give the student the skills they need in order to ensure the achievement of their rights to sexual and reproductive health
The Master’s program has objectives that go beyond merely enhancing the learner. Long-term social benefits from the LLM/MPhil Program should accrue to people and communities in the African region and elsewhere, including:
- Training of leaders capable of influencing how societies change socially
- Increasing public understanding of sexual and reproductive rights and health
- Increasing awareness of the public’s rights and needs regarding sexual and reproductive health.
- Boosting the capabilities of organizations, networks, and groups that support sexual and reproductive health and rights, as well as related rights, such as the rights of women and sexual minorities.
- Promoting individual and community rights to reproductive and sexual health
- Overcoming stigma and prejudice related to sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Influencing national and regional efforts for sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Influencing national and regional policy-making in the areas of sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Each year, only a few students—up to 15—are chosen. Without receiving scholarships, students may be accepted as self-funding students.
Requirements for Masters Scholarship Qualification
- Anyone with an LLB degree or an equivalent qualification may pursue the LLM degree.
- Non-lawyers having at least an honors degree in a subject area related to sexual and reproductive rights in Africa are eligible for the MPhil degree.
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) regulations apply to foreign degrees.
- Candidates must have exemplary academic records and exhibit interest in or involvement with human rights.
مهتم ومؤهل؟ اذهب إلى University of Pretoria oncentreforhumanrights.submittable.com to apply. For more details, visit University of Pretoria website.
July 31, 2023
موصى به لك: