Future global leaders who will support the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development of the United Nations and sustainable development are to be developed through the Swedish Institute scholarship for global professionals. The applicants should be able to articulate how their education will help their home nations and areas thrive sustainably. About 350 master’s degree scholarships will be awarded by the Swedish Institute in 2023 for study in Sweden.
The Swedish Institute scholarship for global professionals is supported by the Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and is designed for full-time, one- or two-year master’s programs. The Swedish Institute releases an annual call for applications for master’s programs starting in the fall semester. You must be eligible, complete all phases of the application process, and have the necessary documentation on hand in order to finalize your application on time if you want it to be successful. Please carefully read the pages after this one to learn about the requirements and application process.
- Opening: February 10, 2023
- Deadline: February 28, 2023
- Study In: Sweden
- Course Begins: August 2023.
- University or institution hosts: Swedish Universities and Higher Education Institutions
- Study Level/Field(s): Master’s Programs
- Number of Scholarships: 350
- Target Audience: The following nations’ students:
The following countries are included in this list: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Belarus, Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Moldova, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, Vietnam, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
Benefits: Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professionals Financial Coverage and Worth
What scholarship recipients receive:
- Full payment of tuition. Your Swedish university receives the payment straight from SI at the start of each semester.
- A stipend of SEK 11,000 per month to support living costs during the study time.
- Insurance from disease and mishap.
- Grant for travel. This is a one-time fee, and students who are currently residing in Sweden are not subject to it.
- The scholarship includes a travel grant of SEK 15,000 for the duration of the study period for students from Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia, or Zimbabwe.
- The scholarship comprises a travel allowance of SEK 11,000 for the duration of the study year for students from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine.
YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT THIS SCHOLARSHIP DOES NOT:
- Include grants for family members.
- Cover the university admissions application fee.
- Permit the study plan to alter. They can only help you as long as you complete the master’s degree you were awarded.
- Permit modifications or extensions to the duration of the scholarship award.
Eligibility of the Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professionals
For the Swedish Institute scholarship for global professionals eligibility:
- You must be a national of a nation that is qualified to receive SI scholarships (see above). You are not required to be a resident of the nation at the time of application, though.
- A minimum of 3,000 hours of proven work experience is required. Furthermore, you must have civil society involvement, your present or prior workplace, or other evidence of leadership experience.
- By March 30, 2023, you must be eligible for financial aid from Swedish institutions, have completed the university admissions process, and be accepted into one of the approved master’s programs.
- You must be qualified for Swedish Institute scholarship for global professionals for the master’s programs you are applying to. Depending on your nationality, the institution provides preference to programs within particular topic areas.
- There are other requirements related to dual citizenship, prior residence and education in Sweden, among other things. Read the full eligibility requirements listed on the official website.
Restrictions on Eligibility
You are not qualified for the Swedish Institute scholarship for global professionals, despite meeting all the prerequisites given above, if you:
- Have lived in Sweden for a total of at least two years previous to the scholarship period, which begins in August 2023.
- Formerly received a scholarship from the Swedish Institute for graduate-level study or research at a Swedish university or university college. Students who have previously taken part in the SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP), SI summer language courses, or the Swedish Institute Summer University (SISU), may still apply.
- Already possess a degree from a university or institution in Sweden.
- Are enrolled in an academic program at a Swedish university or college right now
- Possess Swedish or EU/EEA citizenship*, a Swedish permanent residence visa, or a temporary work and residence permit granted due to employment or familial links to a Swedish or EU/EEA national having a right of temporary or permanent residence in Sweden or
- Hold dual citizenship in nations that aren’t on the DAC’s list of recipients of ODA in 2022–2023.
How to Apply for the Swedish Institute scholarship for global professionals:
Apply for a master’s program at universityadmissions.se by January 16, 2023, to get started. You will receive a personal application number with eight numbers once you have submitted your application for the master’s program(s) at universityadmissions.se. You’ll need the number when submitting an application for the Swedish Institute scholarship for global professionals, so save it.
You can submit an application for a SI scholarship once your master’s program application is complete. From February 10 at 0:00 to February 28, 2023 at 14:59 CET, you must digitally submit all necessary documents using the online application portal.
Visit the official website as soon as possible for comprehensive instructions on how to apply for this scholarship.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Competitive is the Scholarship from the Swedish Institute?
A very competitive scholarship is the SISGP. The selection committee is said to spend a lot of time reviewing several applications each year and has a wealth of knowledge. As a result, they can determine whether applications are sincere.
Can I receive Financial Aid in Sweden?
A law was subsequently approved by the Swedish government that levies tuition and application fees for students from non-EU/EEA nations, with Swedish Scholarship Programs serving as a backup. For international students, a sizable number of Swedish universities continue to provide scholarships in the form of tuition exemptions.
Are Scholarships from the Swedish Institute Fully Funded?
Through the fully funded Swedish Institute (SI) Scholarship, qualified applicants from member nations can get a Master's degree at Swedish universities. Starting in the fall semester of 2023, several hundred scholarships will be given out for a variety of master's programs (taught in English).
Which Nation offers a Complete Scholarship for Free?
International students can take advantage of numerous free or reduced tuition programs offered by nations like Germany, Finland, Iceland, and Austria.
TOP PICKS FOR YOU: