Al Qasimia University is offering an opportunity to apply for their undergraduate scholarship to study in the United Arab Emirates for the 2023 academic year. The scholarship is fully funded, if you want to study in the United Arab Emirates, you can apply for the Al Qasimia University Scholarship, which is open for application by all international students of different nationalities around the world who want to have the opportunity to study a bachelor’s degree in the United Arab Emirates. Your academic dreams and academic goals will be actualized with the help of the scholarship and costs coverage.
About Al Qasimia University:
Al Qasimia University is a national university of the United Arab Emirates situated in the city of Sharjah. It was established by the Emiri Decree No. (2) of 2013 issued by Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Ruler of the Emirate of Sharjah. The university has several colleges, namely; the College of Sharia and Islamic Studies, the College of the Noble Qur’an, the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Communication and the College of Economics. Al Qasimia University became a member of the Association of Arab Universities in 2018.
The colleges in the university varies, there are colleges for males and some for female students, and these colleges are: College of Sharia and Islamic Studies, College of the Holy Qur’an, College of Arts and Humanities, College of Communication and College of Economics. Each other college has a corresponding college for female students, and each college contains 17 classrooms, 12 faculty offices, the office of the college dean and the assistant dean.
Funding: Full Funding.
Type of Study: Full Time.
University: Al Qasimia University.
- Applicants from all countries are accepted.
- Applying students must obtain a high school diploma with an average of 70% or higher.
- Students who have obtained a Sharia secondary school certificate with an average of 75% or higher are allowed to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants who have a high school diploma with an average of 80% or more are allowed to apply to the Faculty of Economics and Management.
- A student’s certificate obtained in his domestic country is required to be equated with a secondary certificate issued in the United Arab Emirates.
- Applicants must not exceed the age of 20 as at the time of application.
- The duration of high school studies should not be less than 3 years.
- Students applying for admission to the College of Economics and Management are required to have an International TOEFL score of 61 points and above in IBT or 173 points and above in CBT or a minimum of 500 points and above in PBT or the international equivalent of an academic English test ( IELTS score of at least (5.0), and no more than two years have passed since its issuance date.
- Applicants that want to join the College of Communication are required to have an International TOEFL score of a minimum of 45 points or higher in IBT, (133 points or higher in CBT) or (450 points or higher in PBT). Or the international equivalent of an Academic English Language Test (IELTS) With a total of not less than (4.5), provided that no more than two years have passed since its issuance.
- The student must not have been dismissed from Al Qasimia University or any other university or higher institute for academic and disciplinary reasons.
Related; MEXT APU Japan Scholarships
How to Apply for Al Qasimia University Scholarship:
To apply for Al Qasimia University, applicants must;
- Fill out the online application for the scholarship.
- All items marked with an asterisk (*) must be filled. Incomplete applications will be voided and automatically unconsidered.
- The required documents must be uploaded by the Admission and Registration Department.
- With regard to the required documents, all documents to be uploaded must be colored and clear, all attachments must be in jpg format except for the last two attachments which are Form 1 and Form 2 must be in pdf format.
- Accepted students are distributed to the colleges of the university within the limits of the numbers to be accepted in each college according to the capacity of each program. This is according to the priorities of their desires and the sequence of their rates.
- The application will be answered within three working days or a maximum of one week. Necessary procedures will be initiated based on the status of the application.
- Applicants will receive an acknowledgement notification upon receipent of application by the university.
Benefits of the Scholarship:
Selected students will enjoy the following benefits;
- Funding for the Al Qasimia University scholarship is determined by the university only, as it reaches $600 per month.
- The monthly stipend is paid in the summer to registered students only.
- Al Qasimia University shall bear the expenses of the air ticket from the country from which the student is traveling back and forth upon completion of 50% of his study plan.
- Free transportation to the campus.
- All selected applicants will be placed on health insurance.
- Al Qasimia University is responsible for all expenses and procedures for visas, residency and the issuance of identity cards for incoming students.
- Housing/Residency help for the beneficiary inside or outside the university in the city of Sharjah, as decided by the university.
- Students who get married during their studentship at the University should note that the University will not be responsible for their marital expenses.
Major Faculties at Al Qasimia University:
- Sharia and Islamic Studies.
- The Holy Quran.
- Economics and Management.
- Arts and Humanities.
- The original high school diploma or equivalent certificate.
- Original transcripts for secondary school grades (tenth – eleventh – twelfth or equivalent grade in the applicant’s country).
- Attestation of all the aforementioned certificates by the Ministry of Education. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country from which the certificate is issued, and the UAE embassy in the applicant’s country.
- Legal translation of foreign certificates into Arabic or English, and attestation by the aforementioned authorities.
- Evidence that the Ministry of Education in the country from which the certificate was issued recognizes the institute. Or school awarding the general secondary certificate and that graduates of this institution or school can enroll in public universities in that country.
- Translating the passport into Arabic and attesting the translated copy from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the student’s country.
- Completed enrollment application.
- A passport copy, valid for a minimum of two years.
- 12 recent colored personal photos sized 3×4 with a white background.
- A valid certificate of proof of criminal status and approved by the country of which the student holds the nationality. If he is a newcomer from outside the country – stating his good conduct and behavior, with a legal translation of its data into Arabic and English.
- Copy of the birth certificate or any document that proves it. It should be translated to Arabic.
- Medical/health fitness report issued by a government hospital in the student’s country stating that the student is free of all infectious diseases. The certificate must not be older than 3 months of issuance.