All About the YouTube TV Student Discount in 2022!
YouTube is without a doubt the most popular video platform on the internet. The video service, which was launched in 2005 and subsequently acquired by Google for more than $1.6 billion in 2006, began primarily as a web-based PC service that allowed anybody to submit their works for the enjoyment of all.
When smartphones gained popularity at the end of the 2000s, they were swiftly followed by the launch of smart TVs and mobile applications, both of which experienced explosive growth in popularity.
Statistics indicate that more than 2 billion people watch YouTube videos every month, with mobile devices accounting for over 70% of all video views.
The YouTube TV Student Discount is an excellent method to reduce your cable subscription costs. If you qualify as a student, you can save a significant amount of money.
There is a method for students in high school, college, or graduate school to immediately start saving money with this offer.
This article describes how to determine your eligibility and receive a discount on all YouTube Premium services with the Student plan.
Regarding what is the YouTube TV Student Discount
YouTube TV is an internet-based streaming service that provides live TV channels and video-on-demand. You may view it on your smartphone, tablet, or computer, and even on your television.
YouTube may not require an introduction. It is one of the world’s most popular online streaming services. YouTube can be used for any purpose, including research, education, or simply for pleasure.
The YouTube TV Student Discount reduces the price of a YouTube TV subscription by roughly fifty percent. This monthly discount allows you to watch your favorite shows, laugh at comedy sketches, learn online, and conduct research for just $6.99.
Only students are eligible for the discount, however not all students qualify. If you qualify, you can apply the value as often as you like on up to three accounts simultaneously.
Who qualifies for the YouTube TV student discount?
No, the YouTube TV student discount is only available to students enrolled in U.S. colleges and universities that offer YouTube student memberships.
This is the greatest time to join up for YouTube TV or one of their limited-time specials if you are not already a member or have never done so before.
The following requirements must be met to qualify for YouTube TV’s Student Discount:
- Student YouTube memberships require enrollment in an institution of higher education.
- Your school’s SheerID status must be approved. SheerID, a third-party provider, is responsible for the verification process.
How to Verify if Your School Offers YouTube Plans
- Visit the landing page for Student Plan YouTube Premium or YouTube Music Premium (if your country is eligible for the student plan).
- Choose the Free Trial option.
- Enter your school’s information on the displayed SheerID form.
- After being accepted into the student membership, you will have continued access to this service for another four years. It will need to be renewed annually.
Benefits of YouTube TV Discount
Some accounts additionally have free YouTube Premium access. You can join up for a one-month free trial as a student to evaluate the service.
Students over the age of 16 who are studying in an accredited degree program at a recognized college or university (including community colleges) are eligible to enroll in the $6.99 per month YouTube Premium plan.
The program provides access to over 40 music streaming services, such as Apple Music and Spotify, as well as YouTube Originals, such as Cobra Kai, which is based on the series The Karate Kid.
Ad-free Viewing Content
You may also see YouTube Red content without advertisements, including videos from creators such as PewDiePie.
You can also benefit from free trials offered by other streaming services.
Additionally, you can take advantage of free trials provided by other streaming sites. Given the plethora of available streaming services, it is simple to understand why so many students are looking for methods to save money on entertainment.
Numerous prominent streaming sites offer free trials, which is a fortunate circumstance.
Which Services does the YouTube TV Student Discount Include?
You may be wondering what the YouTube Premium Service membership has to offer. By joining the program, you gain access to a variety of YouTube’s services, such as:
- YouTube TV: YouTube TV is a streaming service that provides live and on-demand entertainment, including sports, news, and your favorite television series.
With Youtube TV, you can stream thousands of live and on-demand episodes and films on your preferred devices. There are no obligations or concealed fees. With up to six accounts per home, each individual receives a DVR.
- YouTube Music: YouTube Music is a music service that provides a wide catalog of songs and albums from popular artists, as well as the opportunity to post your own recordings.
It is accessible via Android and iOS mobile devices and desktop browsers. When Google announced the launch of a music streaming platform in June 2018, they presented a new logo and moniker for the service. Previously, the service was known as the now-defunct “Google Play Music.”
The YouTube TV Student Discount also includes a Music Premium service that provides an ad-free listening environment and the ability to save songs and playlists for offline listening.
Method for Obtaining the YouTube TV Student Discount
Martyn Casserly has compiled a procedure for applying for the 42% discount on YouTube TV, which is described in detail below.
Note: This service is now restricted to college and university students in the United States.
- Click the blue lettering highlighting the family and student options on the YouTube Premium webpage. Note that if you are located outside the United States, this choice will only display as a family membership (meaning you are not eligible for a student plan or discount).
- The option for a Student subscription will appear. Choose Try It Free (up to 2 months free).
You will then be prompted to visit SheerID for authentication purposes. Select Continue moving forward.
- You will be given an online form to complete. Complete your information and then click Submit. Immediate verification is conducted. In the event of a delay, however, this could take up to 48 hours.
- If you are unable to finish your verification, please contact SheerID at email@example.com for assistance.
- After your account has been verified, input your payment information and click the Buy button to begin account setup.
- You can now access your YouTube account and begin enjoying premium features on the streaming platform.
Note: This service may be terminated whenever desired and for any reason.
FAQs On YouTube TV Student Discount
Do students get a discount on YouTube TV?
Youtube TV student discount still, the Student Membership options on YouTube, are limited to either a YouTube Premium or YouTube Music Premium and the Youtube tv student discount on YouTube Television is no longer available.
How do I renew my student membership on YouTube?
Re-verify your student status
To see when your student status expires, or to renew your student membership, visit http://youtube.com/purchases. For help with the verification process, email SheerID at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need help with your membership, get in touch with YouTube support.
How do I become a student on YouTube?
Head to the YouTube Premium web page and click on the family or student plan option. You'll see the listing for Student appear, along with a button entitled Try it for free. At the time of writing, YouTube is offering a month-long free trial of the service so you can see if it works for you.
How much is a YouTube student plan?
Student. Monthly. 1-month free trial. Then $6.99/month Eligible students only.
How do I verify my YouTube student ID premium?
Go to the Student Plan landing page for YouTube Premium or YouTube Music Premium.
Select Try it Free.
Type in your school on the SheerID form. If your school appears then student plans are available.
If you are not currently a YouTube TV subscriber, now is an excellent time to sign up.
The student offer provides discounted access to the most popular live TV streaming service; therefore, if you were previously considering joining, now is the time.
If you’re already a subscriber with standard pricing and don’t require this discount at the moment, we hope this post helped shed light on how amazing it is.