Read this article to find out the 20 best government colleges in Canada 2022. Canada’s educational institutions and government are eager to increase the number of international students studying there, so the nation has put in place many policies that are welcoming to international students. When you graduate from any of the best government colleges in Canada or university, you will have more job opportunities because Canada is one of the few nations in the world actively seeking to increase its young population and is willing to open its doors to international students and young people looking for jobs.
Canadian Government Education Policy
Canada has fair and inclusive policies that contribute to an equitable education system. Public primary and secondary education is provided free of charge to students who meet age and residence requirements, and some provinces and territories have extended the length of compulsory education from age 16 to age 18.
Major Advantages for International Students of Studying in Canada
Canada is known throughout the world for its high academic standards, which extend from pre-elementary school through secondary school, colleges, and universities. The country is one of the top choices for international students seeking higher education because of the high quality of instruction and reasonable tuition costs. 26 of the best government colleges in Canada and universities are listed in the QS World University Rankings for 2022. Numerous courses in fields like engineering, microbiology, telecommunications, environmental science, agriculture, and others are offered by Canadian universities and colleges.
- level of living
Apart from the best government colleges in Canada, Canada has a higher standard of living than the majority of other nations, which appeals particularly to international students from developing nations. They would have the opportunity to live the lifestyle they desire and experience it while studying in Canada.
2. Reasonable price
In light of the aforementioned facts, which state that Canada has the highest standards of living and the best educational system in the world, a student will find life in Canada to be surprisingly inexpensive when compared to other English-speaking nations offering comparable experiences. The cost of living is considerably lower in Canada without sacrificing comfort, offering students the opportunity to enjoy the few luxuries they can afford.
3. Work possibilities
After graduation, there are numerous full-time job opportunities in Canada for aspirant students. Numerous organizations provide attractive and well-paying job packages to assist international students in regaining control of their lives. International students are permitted to work in Canada for up to three years after completing their studies thanks to the Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP). Additionally, after working in Canada for a year, these international students will be qualified to apply for permanent residency. International students are permitted, under government regulations, to work a part-time job in addition to their studies.
The best government colleges in Canada provide a range of programs, including preparatory courses as well as diploma, certificate, and degree programs.
List of the 20 Best Government Colleges in Canada
Here is the list of the 20 best government colleges in Canada;
- New Brunswick Community College
- Sheridan College
- Humber College
- Centennial College
- Conestoga College
- Seneca College
- George Brown College
- Okanagan College
- Durham College
- Algonquin University
- Mohawk University
- Douglas University
- University of British Columbia
- Canada’s Niagara College
- Fanshawe University
- Bow Valley University
- Georgian University
- Langara University
- St. Lawrence University
- Cambrian College
Now, let us discuss these 20 best government colleges in Canada highlighted above.
New Brunswick Community College, established in 1974, is one of best government colleges in Canada, offering specialized programs, post-graduate degrees, apprenticeships, and micro credentials.
Six of NBCC’s campuses are situated in New Brunswick. In these fields of study, the college offers a variety of programs:
- Building and Construction Administrative Professional Applied and Media Arts
- Business Management
- Engineering Technology in Civil
- Marine systems, environmental technology, and electrical and electronic engineering
- Health Information Technology Hospitality and Tourism
- Industrial and mechanical metal processing
- Repair of Mobile Equipment
- Sciences social.
One of best government colleges in Canada, Sheridan College was established in 1967. The largest campus of Sheridan College is in Brampton, which is in the province of Ontario.
Numerous degree, certificate, diploma, and graduate certificate programs are available through the College.
In the following fields of study, Sheridan College offers both full-time and part-time study options:
- Game design and animation
- Computer applications
- Studies in Applied Health Architecture
- Environmental and business chemical sciences
- Social Studies
- Photography, illustration, and design
- Education Sciences Engineering
- TV, movies, and journalism
- Social Sciences & Humanities
- Material Design and Art
- Healthcare Public Safety
- Expert Trades
- Technical Foundations
- Performing and visual arts.
With three locations in Toronto, Humber College is one of the best government colleges in Canada.
The College offers a variety of credentials, including postgraduate certificates, bachelor’s degrees, diplomas, and certificates.
The following fields of study are covered by a range of programs offered by Humber College;
- Technology & Engineering Applied
- Accounting & Management for Business
- Community & Social Services for Children & Youth
- Visual Arts & Design
- Crisis Services
- Foundations in fashion, beauty, and language learning
- Wellness & Health
- Services & Tourism
- Computer, digital, and information technology
- Worldwide Development
- Legal & Justice Studies
- Advertising & Marketing
- Public Relations & Media
- Performing arts and music Apprenticeships in skilled trades.
With five campuses in Toronto, Ontario, Centennial College, the first community college in Ontario and one of the best government colleges in Canada, was founded in 1966.
Centennial College offers full-time, part-time, and online programs.
Apprenticeship, College & University preparation, Co-op Education, Degree, Dual Credit, Fast-track, Graduate Certificate, Joint Programs, and Microcredentials are just a few of the programs offered by Centennial College.
In these fields of study, a wide range of programs are offered:
- Preparation for Academic, Arts, and Science
- Systems and Advanced Manufacturing Automation
- Public Relations, Marketing, and Advertising
- Arts related to animation, design, and aerospace and aviation
- Vehicles and Motorcycles
- Biological Food and Environmental Sciences
- Business, neighborhood, and childcare services
- Law, court, and emergency services
- Food and travel
- Wellness and Health
- Coach, Truck, and Heavy Duty
- Accommodations Management
- Writing, communication, and the media
- Renewable energy and sustainable design.
Ontario Community College Conestoga College offers diploma, advanced diploma, graduate certificate, certificate, and degree-level programs.
Programs in the following subject areas are available at Conestoga College:
- Applied IT and computer science
- Organizational Community Services
- Arts and Humanities
- Gastronomic engineering and technology
- Processing Food
- Life and Health Sciences
- Interdisciplinary Studies in Hospitality
Seneca College is a multi-campus university in Toronto that was founded in 1967.
The following fields of study are covered by degree, diploma, and certificate programs offered by Seneca College:
- Wellness & Health
- Construction Technology
- Business Education, Community and Social Services, and Creative Arts, Animation, and Design
- Science Fashion & Esthetics Aviation
- IT for the hospitality and tourism industry
- Law, government, and public safety
- University Transfers & Liberal Arts
- Communications & Media.
7. George Brown College
One of the best government colleges in Canada, George Brown College was founded in 1967 and is situated in the heart of Toronto.
At Gorge Brown College, students can obtain bachelor’s degrees, certificates, and diplomas.
There are programs available in the following subject areas:
- Design, the Arts, and Information Technology
- Liberal & Preparatory Studies
- Business Early Childhood Services and Community Services Construction and Engineering Technology
- Hospitality & Culinary Arts in Health Sciences.
8. Okanagan University
With its largest campus in Kelowna, British Columbia, Okanagan College frequently ranks among the best government colleges in Canada.
Okanagan College was founded in 1963 as B.C. Vocational School and offers degree, diploma, and certificate programs.
The following study areas are covered by programs at Okanagan College:
- Science, Art, Business, Wine, and Tourism
- Technologies for social and health development
- Apprenticeship and Trades
- Adult Basic Education/Special Training for Adults/English as a Second Language Corporate Training and Professional Development.
9. Durham University
Durham College, which was founded in 1967 and is located in Ontario, is on the list of the best government colleges in Canada.
Numerous diploma, graduate certificate, certificate, advanced diploma, and degree programs are offered by Durham College.
Durham College offers courses in the following subject areas:
- Wellness & Health
- Sports, fitness, and recreation Construction Science, Engineering Technology, and Automotive
- Design, creativity, and gaming
- Emergency, Court, and the Law
- Computers, the Web, and the Internet in Business & Office Administration
- Food, hospitality, and tourism
- Communications & Media
- Agriculture & Horticulture
- Community and well-being
10. Algonquin University
Algonquin College was founded and is also one of best government colleges in Canada in Ottawa.
Numerous degrees, diplomas, advanced diplomas, and joint programs with Canadian universities are available through Algonquin College. Collaborations between the College and Canadian universities like Carleton University and the University of Ottawa are common.
Algonquin College offers courses in the following subject areas:
- Modern technology
- Design and the Arts
- Community and Business Services
- Building and skilled trades
- Applied and Environmental Sciences
- Health Sciences in General
- Tourism, hospitality, and wellness
- Languages, Communications, and the Media
- Legal studies and safety issues
- Sports and leisure
- Automotive and transportation.
11. Mohawk University
Hamilton, Ontario is home to Mohawk College, one of best government colleges in Canada.
The college offers graduate certificates, advanced diplomas, degrees, and certificates of completion.
In the following fields of study, Mohawk College offers programs:
- Services in the Community and Business Communication Arts
- Preparatory studies for skilled trades in health technology and apprenticeships.
12. Douglas University
Being one of the best government colleges in Canada, British Columbia’s public institutions, Douglas College is situated in Greater Vancouver and was established in 1970.
The College offers courses in the following categories: Post Baccalaureate Diploma, Post-degree Diploma, Minor, Graduate Diploma, Advanced Certificate, Associate Degree, and Bachelor’s Degree.
Douglas College offers courses in the following subject areas:
- Community Services Applied
- Business administration and commerce
- Humanities, social sciences, and health sciences
- Science and technology, language, literature, and performing arts.
13. Vancouver Community College
In the center of Vancouver, British Columbia, Vancouver Community College is a publicly financed university that has been in existence since 1965.
The college offers a wide range of programs, including dual certifications, degrees, diplomas, certificates, post-degree diplomas, and apprenticeships.
The following study topics are covered by programs at Vancouver Community College:
- Arts of baking and pastry
- Arts in Culinary Business Design
- Early Childhood Education and Care
- Hairstyles and cosmetics
- Medical Sciences
- Accommodations Management
- Dance and music technology
- Transportation and Trade Sign Language.
14. Canada’s Niagara College
One of the best government colleges in Canada in Niagara Region is home to Niagara College, which awards graduate certificates, diplomas, and bachelor’s degrees.
There are various programs offered at Niagara College in the following fields of study:
- Access, Liberal, and Academic Studies
- Management and Business of Allied Health
- Community Services at the Canadian Food and Wine Institute
- English-language research
- Justice Hospitality, Tourism, and Sport Environment and Horticulture
- Technology Trades in the Media Nursing and Personal Support Worker.
15. Fanshawe University
Fanshawe College is one of Ontario’s biggest and best government colleges in Canada as whole and was founded in 1967.
In the following fields of study, Fanshawe College offers degree, diploma, certificate, and apprenticeship programs:
- Animal Husbandry and Related Practices
- Culture & the Arts
- Organizational, Financial, and Business
- Occupational Preparation
- Languages & Communication
- Telecommunications and computers
- Food, hospitality, leisure, and tourism
- Environmental, natural, and educational resources
- Science & Technology
- Security, Justice, and Fire
- Medical, food, and health-related media careers and trades
- Logistics & Transport.
16. Bow Valley College
The public college Bow Valley College, which was founded in 1965 and is based in Calgary, Alberta, offers diploma, certificate, post-diploma, and continuing education certificate programs.
Programs are offered at Bow Valley College in a variety of subject areas:
- Technology for Business and Community Studies
- Wellness and Health
- Entertainment arts in English.
17. Georgian College
Georgian College, a government institution with multiple campuses, was founded in 1967. The degree, graduate certificate, apprenticeship, diploma, certificate, and combined degree-diploma programs with Lakehead University are all available through this government-run college in Canada.
The following study-related programs are offered at Georgian College:
- Vehicle Industry Business and Management
- Public Safety
- Computer Science
- Visual arts and design
- Environmental and engineering technologies
- Science, Wellness, and Health
- Tourism, hospitality, and recreation
- Personal Services
- Aboriginal Studies
- Allied Arts
- Studies of the sea
- Expert Trades.
18. Langara University
Public college Langara College was founded in 1994 and is situated in Vancouver, British Columbia.
In the following fields of study, Langara College offers certificates, diplomas, associate’s degrees in science and arts, bachelor’s degrees, and post-degree programs:
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Science & Technology
19. Cambrian University
In Northern Ontario, there is a public college called Cambrian College that provides graduate certificate, diploma, and microcredentialing programs.
Programs are offered at Cambrian College in the following subject areas:
- Information technology and business
- Crafts in the Creative Arts, Music, and Design
- Environmental Research and Workplace Safety
- Emergency services, nursing, and health sciences
- Technology in Engineering Community Services
- Legal and Judicial Studies.
20. St. Lawrence College
On the list of the best government colleges in Canada, St. Lawrence College, which was founded in 1966 and is located in Ontario, is listed last.
Fast-track, delivery, graduate certificates, certifications, microcredentials, apprenticeships, diplomas, and four-year degrees are just a few of the programs that St. Lawrence College offers.
Programs are offered at St. Lawrence College in a variety of subject areas:
- Business Community Services Applied Arts
- Medical Sciences
- Studies in hospitality and culinary justice
- Computer and science skilled trades.
The best government colleges in Canada on this list provide top-notch instruction and internationally renowned degrees. Since most colleges are situated in one of the top student cities, you may study in a secure environment. World Scholarship Vault would like to know the school you will love to study at among the best government colleges in Canada provided here, let us know in the comment section.
You can also check; 12 Cheapest Universities in Netherlands