10 universities in Canada without IELTS, IELTS testing may be time- and energy-consuming, but more significantly, expensive. You should search for and apply to universities that do not need you to present an IELTS certificate.
After all, there are less expensive ways to demonstrate your English proficiency, such as letters of reference from previous instructors or simply exempting you from the requirement if your native country meets the criteria for an English-speaking country.
10 universities in Canada without IELTS
Here are 10 universities in Canada without IELTS:
- University of Winnipeg:The University of Winnipeg is part of those 10 universities in Canada without IELTS that does not require IELTS certification. However, you are need to demonstrate your ability in English.You can decide whether to take the IELTS exam or go with less expensive choices like the university’s English Language Program (ELP). The English Language Proficiency Test (ELP) will meet the criterion and likely give your application greater weight. You can take this at the University of Winnipeg to have your IELTS requirements dropped.Additionally, you are excused from the requirement if you have lived in Canada for 10 years or have studied there for three years. Additionally, if you came from a country where English is a common language, you may be excused.
- Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador:With a 66% admission rate, Memorial University is one of Canada’s top-ranked higher education schools. In lieu of IELTS, applicants may submit a CanTEST, TOEFL, or CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language). ELP or ESL examinations are also offered by Memorial University.There are less prerequisites for English here. If you can merely provide evidence of your English language ability, such as grades from your prior school, you may be excluded.
- Cambrian College: The application procedure for Cambrian College is done in a democratic manner. There is no need for either the IELTS or the TOEFL. After arriving on campus, international students will be tested on their ability to communicate verbally and in writing, as stated on the academic institution’s website. Because of this, you won’t need to waste time and money on obtaining language certificates.
- Brock University: You are not required to take the TOEFL or IELTS if you want to receive your education from this provider. You might, alternatively, enroll in their Brock Intensive English Language Program, which is also recognized by them.
5. University of Saskatchewan:
The application procedure at the University of Saskatchewan is known for being quite competitive. They also have a growing number of students from other countries, which is one of the reasons why their criteria for English proficiency are more stringent than those of other colleges. However, if you have met the requirements, you won’t have any trouble being accepted because they welcome a large number of students from other countries. It is one of the 10 universities in Canada without IELTS requirements.
In addition to taking the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), the Test of English for Overseas Students (TOEFL), or the Canadian Test of English for Scholars and Trainees (CanTEST), you have the option of enrolling in their very own English Language Training program.
You are eligible to apply if you have completed three years of full-time study following a Canadian curriculum with English serving as the primary language of instruction. You do not need to have your IELTS score in order to apply if you have a certificate in English equivalent to Advanced Placement or an International Baccalaureate diploma.
Also Read: Top 15 English Universities in Germany
6. Alberta University Scholarships 2023: The University of Alberta no longer requires students to have a certain IELTS score. You do not need to have your IELTS score to apply for a scholarship at the University of Alberta for the academic year 2022-23, because it is also part of the 10 universities in Canada without IELTS as a requirement. They have excused several countries’ universities and universities in many countries from having to administer the IELTS.
7. Cambrian College: Apart from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Cambrian College recognizes a number of other English language tests, including the TOEFL, PTE, and Duolingo. The English language skills of incoming students are evaluated, and those who do not meet the prerequisites are required to enroll in the English for Academic Purposes Program (EAPP). The length of time required to complete the program is variable and can range anywhere from four to ten months. The cambrian college is one of the 10 universities in Canada without IELTS as a requirement.
8. Carleton University: Students who wish to enroll at Carleton University are required to provide certified transcripts of their high school, college, or university work from the most recent three years in addition to providing evidence that their previous education was conducted in English. This is also part of the 10 universities in Canada without IELTS as a requirement.
9. University of Regina: University of Regina is one of the 10 universities in Canada without IELTS. The city that serves as the provincial capital of Saskatchewan in Canada is also home to the university. In addition to IELTS, it recognizes results from a wide variety of other examinations, including CAEL, TOEFL iBT, PTE, CanTEST, MELAB, TOEFL, University of Rochester English Language Assessment, and Duolingo. Students have the option of taking the ESL exam at the university; however, in order to do so, they are need to have completed ESL 050.
10. University of Calgary: The University of Calgary International Entrance Award is a distinguished award that acknowledges the remarkable achievements of international students who are commencing their undergraduate studies at the University of Calgary. During the first four years of the undergraduate program, students will pay a total of $60,000.
These are list of 10 universities in Canada without IELTS.