10 English Speaking Universities in Europe is a must read for you if you will like to study in Europe. If offered a selection of institutions, many students who opt to study abroad virtually invariably end up selecting a European university. Many people do not know which institutions in Europe offer the greatest English-language education while making this decision.
We will provide you with a solid 10 English Speaking Universities in Europe as well as clear explanations of important information about universities in Europe that provides English as a language of instruction.
10 English Speaking Universities in Europe
- University of Crete: One of the most highly regarded institutions in the nation and one of the institutions that falls under the 10 English Speaking Universities in Europe. The University of Crete (UoC) is a multidisciplinary, research-focused institution in the towns of Rethymno (official seat) and Heraklion on the Greek island of Crete.
There are more than 30 Master’s programs in addition to the 16 primary undergraduate degree programs that correlate to the University’s Departments.
- University of Malta:In its 400-year existence, UM has served as the island’s primary center for international academic interaction due to its location at the crossroads of the Mediterranean. The Bologna Process and the European Higher Education area are both adhered to by UM, the top institution of higher learning in Malta.As necessary for the economic, social, and cultural growth of Malta, we conduct academic research at UM and offer a dynamic environment for higher education in the arts, sciences, and humanities. Our programs are meant to turn out highly competent individuals in a variety of fields. Our alumni group is expanding rapidly; every year, well over 3,500 students in various fields graduate.Every employee at UM plays a vital part and contributes to a remarkable student experience since we are dedicated to high standards of research and teaching.Currently, UM consists of three schools, a junior college, a number of multidisciplinary institutes and centers, and fourteen faculties. There are three more campuses in addition to the main one, which is in Msida: Valletta, Marsaxlokk, and Gozo.English is used as the language of instruction.
- University of Hong Kong: A public research university in Hong Kong is called the University of Hong Kong (HKU). The earliest tertiary institution in Hong Kong was established in 1887 as the Hong Kong College of Medicine for Chinese. HKU was also the first institution of higher learning the British built in East Asia.As of June 2022, HKU is ranked 30th globally and fourth in Asia by Times Higher Education, and 21st globally and third in Asia by QS. It has been named both one of the most esteemed institutions in Asia and the world’s most international university. Today, English is the primary language of instruction across HKU’s 10 academic faculties.The coronavirus SARS-CoV, the cause of SARS, was successfully isolated for the first time ever by a team from the University of Hong Kong. This university is also part of the 10 English Speaking Universities in Europe.
- University of Birmingham:The University of Birmingham, a public research and teaching institution regarded in the “top-100” worldwide and a part of the esteemed Russell Group, was established in 1900.The University is distinguished by its history of research and invention, both of which have led to significant discoveries that have advanced knowledge and enhanced people’s lives.This university is also part of the 10 English Speaking Universities in Europe.University of Birmingham is committed to equality and diversity and was one of the first universities in the UK to accept students regardless of their personal background or religious affiliation. Through its 100% online postgraduate degrees, the university is working to increase access to higher education throughout the world.
- University of Leeds:Leeds, West Yorkshire, England is home to the Institution of Leeds, a public research university. It was founded as the Yorkshire College of Science in 1874. It became Yorkshire College in 1884 after joining forces with the Leeds School of Medicine, which had been founded in 1831. In 1887, it merged with Owens College (which later became the University of Manchester) and University College Liverpool to become the federal Victoria University (which became the University of Liverpool). King Edward VII awarded the University of Leeds a royal charter in 1904.The university is the fifth-largest in the UK with 36,330 students (out of 169). Since 2006, the institution has routinely been listed among the top 5 in the United Kingdom for the volume of applications received (with the Universities of Manchester, Manchester Metropolitan, Nottingham, and Edinburgh). In 2020–21, Leeds earned £751.7 million, of which £130.1 million came from grants and contracts for research. With £90.5 million in endowments (2020–21), the institution is not among the top ten British universities in terms of financial strength.Some notable graduates include Keir Starmer, the current leader of the Labour Party, Jack Straw, the former secretary of state, Sayeeda Warsi, the former co-chairman of the Conservative Party, Piers Sellers, and six Nobel laureates. Also Read: Top 15 Global law school in Canada
- National University of Singapore:National University of Singapore was established in 1905. The Straits Settlements and Federated Malay States Government Medical School, which later became the NUS, had 23 students when it first opened. It is part of those institution.This university is also part of the 10 English Speaking Universities in Europe. Met the requirements of the neighborhood, a group of businesspeople led by Tan Jiak Kim created the school. The National University of Singapore is a premier institution of higher learning in Singapore that emphasizes a global perspective on learning and research. It is a premier institution of higher learning in Asia.The NSU is rated 11th worldwide according to the QS World University Ranking 2023. In the meanwhile, the National University of Singapore was ranked 21st worldwide in Times Higher Education’s (THE) World University Ranking 2022. NUS becomes one of Asia’s top and most global universities as a result.The National University of Singapore strives to be a significant community of scholars, researchers, employees, and students that collaborate to improve the world. With 13 undergraduate schools and 4 graduate schools, the NUS has campuses in Kent Ridge, Bukit Timah, and Outram around Singapore. The institution provides 220 postgraduate programs in addition to 68 undergraduate ones. NUS has 30 Research institutes and Centers and is a multidisciplinary research institution.Tens of thousands of students apply for admission to NUS each year. The National University of Singapore will have 31.8K undergraduate and 12.1K graduate students in 2022. At the National University of Singapore, overseas students currently make about 25% of the overall enrollment.
- University of Stirling:Being different is in the DNA at the University of Stirling, where we offer education with a purpose and do research that influences society.We are an international institution with a reputation for excellent teaching and research as well as a pioneering attitude. In everything we do, we are enthusiastic about making a difference.In Stirling, aptitude is recognized more highly than background.
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona:The Autonomous University of Barcelona, often known as UAB or Universitat Autnoma de Barcelona (Catalan: Universitat Autnoma de Barcelona; IPA: [unisitat wtnum slon]), is a public university with its main campus mostly at Cerdanyola del Vallès, a town close to Barcelona in Catalonia, Spain.The university has 57 departments across 13 faculties and schools that are focused on experimental, life, social, and human sciences as of 2012. These institutions collectively grant 85 credentials, including first degrees, diplomas, and engineering degrees. In addition, there are more than 80 more postgraduate programs available, including approximately 80 PhD programs. More than 3,600 academic and research staff members work at UAB, which has more than 40,000 students. UAB is a cutting-edge university when it comes to promoting research. Numerous research institutions, other research centers, technical support services, and service-providing laboratories are located on campus. The ALBA (synchrotron), which is housed in the Barcelona Synchrotron Park, is also just a short distance from UAB.According to the 2022 QS World University Rankings, which placed the institution 209th overall in the world, UAB is one of the finest institutions in Spain, along with the University of Barcelona, which is also located in the same city. In terms of topic rankings, it came in at number 27 in veterinary science, number 72 in education and training, number 73 in linguistics, number 78 in sociology, and number 88 in economics and econometrics.Additionally, the prominent Institut Barcelona d’Estudis Internacionals awards degrees via the UAB (IBEI).
- Corvinus University of Budapest:Corvinus University of Budapest is a university in Budapest, Hungary. The university currently has an enrolment of approximately 9,600 students, with a primary focus on business administration, economics, and social sciences, operating in Budapest and Székesfehérvár since 1948. Corvinus University accepts students at six faculties and offer courses leading to degrees at the bachelor, master and doctoral level in specialisations taught in Hungarian, English, French or German.The university was listed in the top 50 in the Financial Times European Masters in Management rankings, and was the first Hungarian university mentioned among the best in the area of agriculture.Considered to be one of the most prestigious and selective universities in Hungary, Corvinus alumni include a former prime minister of Hungary as well as various government ministers, governors of the Hungarian National Bank, and leading business figures.
- University of Nottingham: This is another institution out of the 10 English Speaking Universities in Europe. In Nottingham, England, there is a public research institution called the University of Nottingham. It was established in 1881 as University College Nottingham, and in 1948 it received a royal charter. The prestigious Russell Group alliance, which emphasizes rigorous research, includes the University of Nottingham.There are a variety of smaller campuses and locations spread around Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire, but University Park, Jubilee Campus, and Queen’s Medical Centre are located within the City of Nottingham. The institution has campuses outside of the UK in Semenyih, Malaysia, and Ningbo, China. There are more than 50 schools, departments, institutes, and research centers spread among Nottingham’s five core universities.
Nottingham, which has roughly 45,500 students and 7,000 employees, earned £694 million in revenue in 2020–21, of which £114.9 million came from grants and contracts for scientific research. Alumni of the school have received a Fields Medal, a Turner Prize, a Gabor Medal and Prize, and three Nobel Prizes. The institution is a part of the Russell Group, Universitas 21, Universities UK, the Virgo Consortium, and the Association of Commonwealth Universities. It also takes part in the Sutton Trust Summer School program as a Sutton 30 member.
Prerequisites for applying to English-speaking institutions in Europe
One of the requirements that meets this 10 English Speaking Universities in Europe admittance will undoubtedly be a proficiency in the English language. However, you’ll also probably need to provide the following standard papers with your university application:
- A high school diploma, a bachelor’s degree, or a master’s degree
- Academic records or grades transcript
- Recommendation letters
- Personal statement or essay
- Copy of a passport or ID
- Four maximum passport-size photographs
- Evidence of financial assistance (if required)
Above are the 10 English Speaking Universities in Europe. Higher standards will be set at certain universities than others. And don’t be shocked if you’re asked to take part in an additional in-person or online interview.
The good news is that plenty of educational institutions now allow students to upload their documents online. However, several colleges still have the option to request postal delivery of hard copies. You should provide these documents as soon as you can, just in case there are any delays, since this might take some time.